Sunday, June 3, 2012

NO! YOU LISTEN


  Everyone loves to complain that retail employees are so rude. Would you be in happy mood if:

  • Someone threw their items at you, hitting a body part because the line was too long.
  • Someone left a used diaper open on a shelf.
  • Someone bled all over the ladies bathroom and never told you, finding it dried to the floor at closing.
  • Having a customer curse you out because you ID them for alcohol/tobacco
  • A customer tells you that you are a "fucking loser" because you ID them for a credit purchase over $100.00
  • Someone pays $1,000.00 money order in one dollars bills that smell like weed, alcohol, and filth.
  • A forty year old man masturbating in the middle of the store when he thinks no one is looking.
  • You could see down an older woman's bra without trying.
  • You're called moronic by the same woman ever single day because she can't get her items for free.
  • The constant cell phone users who become enraged when you interrupt their call with transaction questions.
  • 4 body covered armed robbers point a loaded pistol at your heart demanding money.
  • Going through endless adjustments because new management can not handle the simplest task.
  • Catching 50 different counterfeit bills.
  • Being accused of racism when asking for ID for alcohol, tobacco, and credit card purchases.
Excuses for not donating you the children's hospital:
  • They need to donate to me.
  • You guys just keep the money, it's a scam
  • What have children ever done for me
  • Fuck you
  • No, but can I have $50.00 worth of snickers bars and $100.00 cash back
  • I'm not allowed to

This does not ever begin to cover things that have happened to me with in 3 year period of working at...well let's just say retail store. I don't go out of my way to make customers miserable. That is not what I'm paid for. If I did, I would have been fired ages ago. I wish people would just take a step back and realize what they are doing. I know life isn't fair, but this is just fucking ridiculous. These are not exaggerations. These occurrences are honest and very real, yes even the robbery. Next time you're in a line and you see someone treating an employee with thoughtless actions, unless the employee caused the situation, stand up for us. We can't. I'm being evaluated for anti depressants. 

I try to be good, polite, to turn the other cheek, but SOMEONE NEEDS TO STAND UP AND BE EITHER ACCOUNTABLE OR DEFEND US! In this economy, I can't quit my job. I am tired of having anxiety attacks so serious that I could swallow my tongue and die.





No comments:

Post a Comment